Indonesian Journal of Librarianship only accepts manuscripts written both in Bahasa Indonesia and English. Please take the time ro read our guidelines below as part of the submission process to ensure your paper matches the journal's requirements.
- Author should firstly download the journal template HERE as it can help to follow the journal layout.
- The manuscript has not been previously published, nor been considered in another journal.
- The manuscript file is in Microsoft Word format (.doc).
- Regarding the bibliography/references, the journal applies APA Style. Therefore, we hope author(s) concern on it. In addition, it is suggested for author(s) to use reference manager tools such as mendeley or zotero
1) The Manuscript General Guidelines
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and the publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Indonesian Journal of Librarianship (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS)
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the Khizanah al-Hikmah's template will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript can be written both in Bahasa Indonesia or English with the academic standard language.
- The manuscript should consist of 3000 to 6000 words including pictures and tables.
- The manuscript is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm and top 30 mm.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. For the article in Bahasa Indonesia, foreign terms or words should be avoided. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there is no spaces among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title.
- The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
2) The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 12pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 200 words maximum and followed by with three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
The literature review: contains a systematic description of previous studies relevant to the research. This section describes the strengths and limitations of previous research that can be material for argument that the current work is conducted to refine or develop prior research. This section also contains theoretical basis, basic concepts and principles required for problem solving related to the research. The literature review can be in the form of qualitative descriptions, mathematical models, concepts, or tools related to the study. All sources cited in the study must be clearly written in the reference list.
Research Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advices. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advices contain suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references that used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% from all the references) that published in the last ten years. Each article should has at least ten references.